Website Marianopolis College
About Marianopolis College
Founded in 1908, Marianopolis is a private English-language college in Montreal specializing in pre-university education for about 2,000 students. A gateway to the world’s top universities, the College’s record of academic excellence, on-time graduation levels and university-acceptance rates into competitive programs is unmatched in Quebec.
As members of a close-knit community, Marianopolis employees have the opportunity to excel professionally and enjoy generous benefits as well as a stimulating environment associated with working at one of the province’s premier post-secondary institutions.
For further information on Marianopolis, you are invited to visit https://www.marianopolis.edu/
Marianopolis is currently seeking candidates for its first
DIRECTOR, STUDENT RECRUITMENT AND EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
Nature and Scope
Under the authority of the Director General, the Director, Student Recruitment and External Affairs (“Director”) oversees, plans, develops, implements and manages all activities that support student recruitment efforts and the College’s visibility and engagement with external stakeholders.
Opportunities and Challenges
The College’s Strategic Plan 2021-2026 boldly states its goal of enhancing its reputation for excellence. It seeks to be “the pre-university college of choice…(providing) clear pathways to and rigorous preparation for university”. You will be responsible, as Director, for promoting the strengths of the College externally and for recruiting qualified students, two key strategies to ensure that the objectives of the strategic plan are met.
- In collaboration with the Academic Dean’s Office and Program Coordinators, develops and implements student recruitment strategies for all academic programs at the college
- Develops and oversees all external marketing and communication strategies related to student recruitment, alumni and donor engagement for audiences such as prospective students and their families, university and high school representatives, alumni and potential donors
- Plans and supervises all events, activities, programs and processes pertaining to student recruitment, alumni engagement and external affairs
- Provides leadership in the planning and carrying out of college institutional events on or off-campus, including fundraising activities
- Liaises with external bodies, organisations and audiences that promote the College’s presence within the wider community
- Manages the human, financial and material resources of the services under their responsibility and is responsible for the hiring, coordination, supervision, evaluation and development of all personnel under their supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adept at building collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders both inside and outside the College
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a capacity to manage change
- Creative and strategic approach to problem-solving
- Appreciation for the mission, vision and values of the institution with a good understanding of the post-secondary sector
Master’s degree in an appropriate field
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a managerial or team-leadership role within an educational setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiarity with other commonly used software and technological environments
- Knowledge of graphic-design and web-content management systems, social networks and practices specific to these media
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Fluency In English and French, both spoken and written
Marianopolis College encourages applications from qualified individuals, including women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities. Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you believe you have the profile we are seeking, please forward your résumé with a letter explaining your interest by completing the “Registration Form”. All information received will be treated in the strictest confidence.